My first novel is titled Nothing Comes Close. It's based on the online fiction series, In My Dreams It Was Simpler which I created and co-wrote with eight other great bloggers.
Apart from the novel, I write short stories, poems, flash fiction and articles for magazines. This blog features some of my work, including excerpts from my works-in-progress. I'm also going to feature interviews with other writers, excerpts from upcoming authors and reviews of other books that I've read. Hope you enjoy your visit here!
If you want to contact me, please email: favouredgirl (@) gmail (dot) com or find me in any of these places:
READ ON FOR RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME
CHECK OUT MY PUBLISHED WORKS HERE
25 Random Things About Me
1) I really want to learn a foreign language - French, Spanish and Italian top my list.
2) I process information for weeks. For example, I could watch a movie on Monday, and still be analysing every scene a week later. I could read a book and be thinking of an alternative ending to the story 2 months later.
3) I'm such a keeper. I hold on to emails, letters, text messages and birthday cards for as long as possible. I still have letters my friends wrote to me when we were in secondary school, birthday cards from three years ago and more.
4) I would rather spend money on experiences like travelling, enjoying good food, going to see plays and shows than buying stuff. I think life is for living, not for accumulating material things that only depreciate. For example, I would rather spend £2000 on a nice holiday than on the latest designer handbag.
5) I love listening to music. Even when I'm working, I have to have some kind of music playing in the background, or in my head. I can't stand absolute silence.
6) I learn songs quickly. I can hear a song twice and learn all the lyrics off by heart. Sometimes this is good, because people are impressed when I know the latest songs off by heart already. Sometimes it is annoying because I pick up songs that I don't even want to.
7) I try to avoid getting addicted to anything. When I realise I have started liking something too much, I stop doing it immediately.
8) I have a terrible sweet tooth. I love desserts - ice-cream, chocolates, yoghurt hmmmm.... Never put me and cake alone in the same room.
9) I am a night owl by nature. That explains why I absolutely hated the 9 – 5 work routine.
10) I love travelling! I love the planning, the anticipation, and the excitement of discovering a new place, a new culture, trying new food, etc. I love taking photographs and collecting souvenirs.
11) I can be so disorganised, procrastinating with work even when I have deadlines fast approaching.
12) I have a very low boredom threshold.
13) I am very loyal to the people I really care about.
14) I love seafood - give me shrimp, prawns, mussells, squid, scallops etc over chicken or beef any day. When I eat out I check for seafood on the menu first.
15) I admire naturally fashionable and stylish people but I’m quite clueless with throwing things together and coming up with a striking outfit. Who can help a sister out?
16) I love reading GOOD books and magazines. My dream holiday would be: sun, sand, sea and a heap of good reading material.
17) I'm very indecisive but I can be very stubborn once I’ve made up my mind.
18) I absolutely hate feeling guilty. I would go out of my way to avoid upsetting anyone, and if I have then I’ll apologise at once.
19) The worst thing a person can do is to betray my trust.
20) I’m not a TV person. I don’t watch many shows because they require commitment to follow. And I don’t like watching the news; most of it is depressing stuff anyway.
21) I’m obsessed with my kitchen and bathroom. I don’t care much if every other room in the house is untidy but I can’t stand a dirty kitchen or bathroom.
22) I like cooking and trying new recipes.
23) I usually spend ages brushing my teeth. Well, actually that’s because I’m daydreaming at the same time.
24) I'm a gadget girl. I love getting a new gadget and getting to grips with it, reading the instruction manual and testing out all the features.
25) I love God and I’m complete in Him.